Hi friends, it’s been a little while since I’ve posted one of my healthy recipes on the blog. I have quite a few new readers, who may not even realize that Casually Coastal is more than home decor, but rather about living a relaxed and healthy coastal lifestyle. While this blog will always have a big home decor focus, from time to time I love to share some of my favorite healthy recipes, casual fashion and coastal travel destinations. Obviously I haven’t been traveling in the last year, so here’s to hoping we can all do more of that starting later this year! While I was making up my favorite peanut butter date protein smoothie over the weekend, I realized I should share it with all of you since it’s such a good one!
Admittedly, I’m terrible about eating full meals on the weekends and am more of a grazer on Saturdays and Sundays but I always have this protein smoothie because it’s filling and it tastes so delicious! Also, don’t let the dates in this smoothie throw you off. I wouldn’t normally reach for dates on their own, however they add a subtle caramel taste to this smoothie that is so, so good with the vanilla base!
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Peanut Butter Date Protein Smoothie
- 1 cup ice
- 8 oz. vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- 1-1.5 scoops of vanilla protein powder (adjust based on your protein goals)
- 1/2 medium frozen banana (frozen is key!)
- 2 tablespoons PB2 powdered peanut butter, or regular peanut butter
- 3-4 dried pitted dates
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend away! Easy peasy!
Since I’m sure I’ll get a few questions, I don’t have one particular vanilla protein powder that I religiously stick to, but since I tolerate dairy just fine I switch between whey and plant-based. I usually always have one of these three brands in rotation though, depending on which one’s on sale:
- Sun Warrior – organic, dairy free protein powder that is one of the cleanest protein powders you can buy. A little more expensive though given the quality ingredients.
- Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard – this is probably my most favorite tasting vanilla protein powder and is the one my husband Josh prefers, so we often have the vanilla ice cream flavor in our home.
- Vega Sport – sold at many places, including Target so it’s convenient for me to pick up when I’m doing a Target run. Also easy to order on Amazon but I find the price is often better at Target.
P.S. – if you’re interested in these adorable seagrass-wrapped glasses, mine are from Amanda Lindroth but similar ones can be found at Pottery Barn, Serena & Lily and The Megan Molten Shop. Doesn’t drinking out of a pretty glass make everything taste even better? 🙂
Enjoy this peanut butter date protein smoothie recipe, and feel free to pin to Pinterest so you have easy access down the road!
I’m now on LIKEtoKNOW.it! To shop my home and coastal home decor recommendations, download the app and follow “CasuallyCoastal” or view all of my posts right here on my blog!
For more of my home decor, DIY, style, food + drink, travel and lifestyle posts, follow along via: Instagram ● Facebook ● Pinterest