Whether you’re digging your heels in and fully enjoying those last few bits of summer or you’re already in full on fall mode, the official start of fall is just right around the corner! Here in New England we are so fortunate to have all four seasons, and fall is stunning. Cool, sunny days and the most beautiful foliage you will ever experience! With it now being September, I’m starting to put away my summer decor and think about decorating my home for fall. I’ve ordered a few new pieces that should be arriving in the next day or two, so wanted to share those with all of you, as well as some other fall home decorating ideas. The best part? All of these items are under $50, with most being $40 or under!
Our home has a coastal look year-round so I don’t go crazy with traditional reds, oranges and yellows. I stick with my usual neutral palette and soft colors, so when transitioning to fall I typically switch out my bright whites for creams. Many of my seafoam green and turquoise pieces are swapped for grays and navy blue, and I typically introduce some warmer gold accent pieces. You’ll see a lot of these decor choices reflected in my mood board below.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Fall Decor Favorites
- Ravenna Home Vintage Throw Pillow – While I featured the slate blue color in my mood board, all of the colors offered are just perfect for fall! Currently under $38 for this 20”x20” pillow.
- Carlton Khaki Diamonds Throw Pillow – I just adore the texture on this $43 pillow. Plus, it pairs perfectly with Ravenna Home Vintage pillow that I linked above.
- White Artificial Pumpkins – this set that includes various sizes can be broken up and used throughout your home (on nightstands/dressers, deep window sills, entryway tables, etc.). Or, they can be placed in a wooden bowl like I plan to do this fall. Currently $16.99 for twelve adorable little pumpkins!
- Corn Husk Rope Pumpkin – this pumpkin has such a coastal vibe to it, and I love that it comes in two sizes. Just $5 for the small and $15 for the larger one!
- Raffia Pumpkin – Target, you are killing it this year with the coastal fall decor! This pumpkin pairs perfectly with the Corn Husk Rope Pumpkin linked directly above! Similar in price, this one’s just $10 and is a must in my book!
Here’s a couple of ways that I styled these pumpkins in my home.
- Herringbone Throw – I couldn’t decide if I liked the gray or camel better, so I included them both. Heck, at just $39 maybe both colors are in our future! 🙂 I love herringbone – it’s a subtle pattern that is easy enough to mix into almost any room. Not to mention, it always looks so cozy!
Wreath & Garland
- Preserved Wheat Wreath – I’m always on the lookout for a fall wreath that will match my front door. My door is painted a beachy blue color that doesn’t jive all that well with traditional fall colors. I love the natural look of this wreath and it’s currently under $45.
- Faux Rust Aspen Leaves Garland – At just $22.99, this garland would instantly give any mantel a beautiful fall look. It would also be a perfect addition to a fall tablescape or sideboard.
Tray & Tray Decor
- Decorative wood tray set – $32.99 for a set of two rustic gray trays (one large and one small)!
- Wood Bead Garland – $13.99. You can see how I styled these beads on a tray with pumpkins above. For another styling idea, take a look at my Five Coastal Bookshelf Essentials post.
- Home Body: A Guide to Creating Spaces You Never Want to Leave by Joanna Gaines – $22
- Sand + Fog White Pumpkin Candle – with scents of orange, cinnamon, maple, clove and vanilla, this candle instantly evokes a cozy feeling. Just $18 for the 12oz. jar. Sand + Fog’s seasonal candles typically sell out, so snag one soon if you want this one!
- Dried Wheat Sheaves Bundle – a great price at just $14.79. This dried wheat bundle would look beautiful placed inside a simple cream or white vase. Love that you can easily trim these to fit in any vase.
- Textured White Vase – I love the subtle specks of blue in this under $40 vase, and it would pair so well with the Dried Wheat Bundle linked above.
- Decorative Brass Figurine – just $20 and the perfect addition to a bookshelf. Or, place it on top of a stack of coffee table books!
Lantern & Rug
- Square Gold Lantern (small) – Love the warm brass color of this $38 lantern, as it pairs beautifully with navy blue and other fall colors. If you’re looking for a candle, this 3” Luminara candle would pair well with this lantern. What I love about Luminara’s flameless candles is the built in timer and ability to set them to automatically turn on at a certain time of day. This lantern and candle combo would be perfect in an entryway. Who wouldn’t want to be greeted by a warm, cheery candle when arriving home on a dark, chilly day?
- Jute Border Rug in navy – I love the simplicity of this rug, as well as the fringe detail. $48 for a 2’x3’ that would look so pretty in front of a kitchen sink, or just inside of an exterior door.
- Scroll Stoneware Dinner Plates – finally, rounding out my list of fall home decorating ideas are these beautiful plates at $10 each. Save 10% on any Pottery Barn order under $100 through September 7th with the code “SAVEMORE.”
I hope you enjoy these fall home decorating ideas, and I’ll be sure to share more as we get into the season. Is there a certain item you’re on the hunt for? Let me know and I can include some options for you in my next round of decor favorites!
Casually Coastal is now on LIKEtoKNOW.it! To shop my home, as well as my home decor and style recommendations, download the app and follow “CasuallyCoastal“.